Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Transition to Android. Said 'No' to Nokia.

It seems I have not updated this for ages. Lets sort this out!

From the technical point of view the most considerable news of mine is that I am not Nokia admirer any more. Yes, it happened! (*)

Firstly I sold my Nokia N810 which I very liked and was very proud about (year ago, not now). The second thing I did - I got rid (**) of my E50 (Nokia) cellular phone. And finally I bought new Android powered mobile phone -- HTC Desire.

Actually the first version of this post contained detailed reasons why I got fed up with Nokia I liked before. Here the short (full is available for me only):

  • Symbian OS. There a lot of stories about it, no need to describe them -- just google and have fun of reading them all;
  • Nokia abandoned its users with the devices w/ no future. From hardware point of view N810 was really great, but it was powered by anybody needless old version of Maemo and small bunch of applications. N900 seems to follow N810 and Co.
(**) But this does not mean that I do not like Qt framework as well. It is still the best.
(*) Actually it is supposed to be used as a reserve one; but I do not think that I want to swap it back with my Android :).


Hence I decided to try something new. I do not like fruit mobile phones -- they restrict you with the rules defined by Apple not but you. Android is being developed by Google and it provides a user with the great integration with the all theirs services. Of course it has its own disadvantages but they are about to be invisible.

I've been using it for a month and can say the only thing -- it is kinda of ideal! I hope I share some experience summary here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment